|High Speed Imaging In Explosives Engineering Short Course||Theoretical and practical utilization of digital high speed imaging when conducting research for military or civilian applications; 3.5-day course. For details visit: High-Speed Imaging Short Course||TBD||TBD|
|Ultra High-Speed Imaging In Explosives Engineering Short Course||Theoretical and practical utilization of digital ultra-high speed imaging and flash x-ray systems.; 3.5-day course. For details visit:|
Ultra High-Speed Imaging Short Course
|High-Velocity Impact Short Course||This 3.5 days long course offers participants the opportunity to develop a fundamental knowledge of the principles of ultra-high-velocity impact and the current experimental techniques for capturing such phenomena. For details visit:|
High-Velocity Impact Short Course
|March 2019||Pre-registered: $2495
Walk-in registration: $2695
|Department of Justice: Explosives for Special Use, FBI||Advanced training of initiations systems, disposal, sensitivities, damage assessment, and characterization of explosives.||In progress||Call for quote|
|CDOT Avalanche Control Training||Special Events Training; 2-day course||August 2019||By invitation only|
|Practical Explosives Training School (PETS)||Topics include surface, underground, construction, avalanche, and secondary blasting; well perforation and geophysical exploration; unexploded ordinance disposal; industrial cleanup; research and development|
• Avalanche Explosive Program: 16 hours safety regulation, hands-on 8 hours
• General Explosive Program: 16 hours safety regulation, hands-on 8 hours
• Quarry/Construction Blasting Program: 4.5 day safety regulation, hands-on 16 hours
• Oil and Gas Program, Wireline: 16 hours safety regulation
• UXO: 16 hours safety regulation, hands-on 16 hours
|COMING UP: February 22-23, 2019|
March 1-2, 2019
Tailored dates and courses are available for groups over 10 people
Customer location: $675
|Henderson Mine Trainings||New Miner and Avalanch Mitigation Refresher Courses. 16 hours general explosives training, hands-on training for new miners conducted at ERL||Fall 2019||For more information please contact Dr. Vilem Petr|
|State Parks Speciality Training||16 hours general explosives training, 8 hours hands-on training at ERL||TBD 2019||For more information please contact Dr. Vilem Petr|
|Raven's Challenge 2019||EOD/PSBS Exercise at the YMCA in Winter Park, CO||May 5-10, 2019||For more information please contact Dr. Vilem Petr|
|Washington State||Washington Department of Labor and industries 2 days general explosive training, 1 day hands-on training||TBD||TBD|
|Paramount Enterprises International, Inc.||3 days general explosive training for storage, transportation, and handling||TBD||TBD|
The AXPRO group is dedicated to providing high-quality training for professionals in the explosives industry for the State of Colorado. The Practical Explosive Training course ranges from basic introduction to advanced explosive use. The course is designed to teach proper methods of explosive storage, handling, and use in the State of Colorado. Each session of the course contains a total of 16 hours of classroom and hands-on instruction. The course is designed for new state explosive permit applicants and for current permit-holders seeking renewal.
More information about this course can be found on the PETS Program and Course Detail flyer.
High-Speed Imaging Shock tube detonator
Shadowgraph and Schlieren Technique for Explosions
Practical Explosives Training Schools (PETS)
Subject areas courses are offered concentrating on the needs of the following subject areas: surface blasting, underground blasting, construction blasting, secondary blasting, well perforation and geophysical exploration, avalanche blasting, unexploded ordinance disposal, industrial cleanup. research and development, and special applications.
After successful completion of any course, all students will be awarded a state-approved training certificate and continuing education credit as needed.
- 8-hours total: 6-hours classroom, 2-hours practical
- Course goals: Educate inexperienced blasters on general explosives regulations and best practices procedures with an emphasis on practical knowledge.
- Topics covered: Basic explosives safety, handling, storage and applications.
Application Specific Training
- 8-hours total: 2-hours classroom, 6-hours practical
- Course goals: Provide experienced blasters education specific to their needs with an emphasis on hands-on training.
- Topics covered: Explosives safety, handling, storage, and practical applications tailored to the needs of the class.
- 16-hours total: 8-hours classroom, 8-hours practical
- Course goals: Provide in-depth education for experience blasters on both general and application-specific explosives regulations and best practices with emphasis on practical knowledge.
- Topics covered: Explosives safety, handling, storage and practical applications tailored to the needs of the class. Significant hands-on training.
High-Speed Imaging in Explosives Engineering Short Course
The course will provide an introduction to the principal topics in the field of explosive engineering and will describe how best to utilize digital high-speed imaging when conducting research for military or civilian applications. The course will address both the theory and practical aspects of the topics, with hands-on training conducted at Colorado School of Mines Explosive Research Laboratory. Internationally renowned experts will provide instruction to an audience with a wide range of backgrounds and professional experience.